Daring or just plain stupid?
French X-game medalist Taig Khris sets a new world record, jumping from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. The rollerblader dove from a height of 131ft onto a massive quarter pipe ramp. There is some controversy over his newly earned title, however.
"Khris made two attempts at the jump, and was successful on the second one. He went into a freefall from the first floor of the world famous monument, dropping 12 meters (39 feet) onto a massive quarter pipe vert ramp. That height bests Danny Way's record of 8.53 meters. However, it's Khris' landing that is calling the record into question..."
"...Clearly Khris fell on his derriere after landing, yet he was apparently on his feet long enough to merit the record."
-via Sports Gather.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades